Adbrite

5/15/2009

Colbie Caillat ready to "Breakthrough" on her Sophomore Album

5/15/2009
Image Source: www.mtv.com

Platinum-plus, award winning star Colbie Caillat is readying her sophomore album, Breakthrough for an August 25th release in the US.

The Malibu-based singer/songwriter, whose subtle style and mesmerizing vocals captured a global following via the social networking site MySpace long before her near-double platinum trailblazing debut album COCO hit in 2007 - is working with an impressive array of producers, songwriters, and artists on the new album, including John Mayer and newly appointed American Idol judge, Kara DioGuardi.

"I can't wait to share all my new songs with everyone," says Colbie. "I've taken this time to look back at where I was and realized I've broken through a personal barricade, which is why I've named the album Breakthrough. I came home in December after two solid years of touring and promotion and knew I had to find myself again. It requires a lot of discipline to open yourself up to new influences and break the chains around you creatively. I must say this process has been the greatest learning experience for me. It's so great to be working and writing in new ways, with old friends and new."

The hard working artist has written or co-written more than 40 songs for the new album, and is currently refining the material that will complete the much anticipated sophomore effort. Colbie set up a hi-octane 'writing camp' in Hawaii last year, inviting familiar collaborators Jason Reeves and Mikal Blue (who co-produced/co-wrote and helped mold her debut smash) and Kara DioGuardi to the creative free-for-all.

DioGuardi said, "Oh, gosh, she's so incredible. What an incredible voice and just a great songwriter. We spent a few days in Hawaii writing, it's pretty amazing. I love what we've done and I love what she's done with the other writers. I think it's gonna be an incredible album."
Celebrated by media outlets from People Magazine to ABC's The View as one of the artist development stories of the decade (the Washington Post calls her one of the 'few genuine breakouts'), Colbie's aptly titled new album is positioned as one of the most anticipated sophomore releases in recent years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Chizmozo's Portal ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates